You are here
HDPE Black Pipe for Gas
JM Eagle’s high-density polyethylene black pipe for gas is suitable for use in multiple applications for distribution, and oil and gas gathering.
JM Eagle’s HDPE black pipe for gas is manufactured from superior PE 4710 resin material for greater performance and an extended life expectancy.
- Its butt-fused joints eliminate potential leak points, common at 20 feet with ductile iron pipe, for a zero leak rate.
- Highly resistant to corrosion and weather, recent studies conclude it will last at least 100 years.
- Its light weight and flexibility make it easy to install, eliminate the need for fittings required with directional changes, and make it highly suitable for use in earthquake prone areas.
- Its high-strength walls give it the highest PE pressure rating, outstanding resistance to SCG and increased resistance to rapid crack propagation.
- The increased working stress rating of high-performance PE 4710 resin material allows use of a larger inside diameter (thinner wall) for a given operating pressure, making it a superior choice over steel or ductile iron pipe, especially for the large-diameter pipe sizes.
Meets ASTM D2513, Cell Class Per ASTM D3350,PPI-listed Material (TR-4) and PE 3408/3608.
JM Eagle’s high-density polyethylene black pipe for gas is available in 1⁄2-inch to 20-inch diameters. It comes in sticks, as well as coil lengths in diameters up to 3 inches.
It may be installed by heat fusion or mechanical fittings.
The product’s physical properties make it applicable to open-trench and slip-lining installations.