Meets ASTM D1785 and D2665.
JM Eagle Solvent Weld Schedule Series pipes are suitable for use in both pressure and drain, waste and vent applications.
JM Eagle’s wide line of Solvent Weld includes PVC Schedule 40 (ASTM D1785 and ASTM D2665) and 80 (ASTM D1785) for both pressure and non-pressure applications. The pipes are available in 10- and/or 20-foot lengths, in ½- to 16-inch diameters in Schedule 40, bell end, and ½- to 12-inch diameters in Schedule 80, plain end. JM Eagle’s ASTM 1785 product also comes in a specially formulated PVC material to increase resistance to ultraviolet rays. Called SolarBlok, it comes in IPS, 20-foot lengths, in brown. Solvent Weld joints are designed to provide a rigid (or restrained) joint connection, and the schedule-rated products are specifically engineered for use in partial support systems above ground. A 20-foot length of Solvent Weld Schedule 40 PVC water pipe weighs approximately 72 pounds.
JM Eagle Solvent Weld schedule series pipe is cost-effective and long-lasting.
- It can be field-cut with a power saw or ordinary handsaw without the use of expensive or complicated machinery.
- Easy to load, transport and handle, installers prefer it because it goes into the ground quickly, saving installation costs.
- It maintains performance against tuberculation, corrosion and external galvanic soil conditions without lining wrapping, coating or cathodic protection.
- It keeps its smooth interior over long years of service with virtually no loss in carrying capacity, allowing for savings in pumping costs, as well as savings on the size of the pipe required.
- It can be connected directly to most plumbing and IPS fixtures without complicated procedures or adapters, as well as into CIOD fittings with adapters and/or transition gaskets.
A cured joint of JM Eagle Solvent Weld schedule series pipe offers a zero-leak joint that is structurally sound.