You are here
HDPE Water Service C901 IPS CTS SIDR
JM Eagle’s high-performance high-density polyethylene water pressure pipes are suitable for municipal and industrial transmission systems for potable water, sewer, drain, mining, irrigation, and reclaimed water.
JM Eagle’s HDPE pipe for water and sewer is manufactured for excellent performance and a long life expectancy.
- Its butt-fused joints eliminate potential leak points, common at 10 to 20 feet with ductile iron pipe, for a zero leak rate.
- Highly resistant to corrosion and weather, recent studies conclude it will last at least 100 years.
- Its light weight and flexibility make it easy to install, eliminate the need for fittings required with directional changes, and make it highly suitable for use in earthquake prone areas.
- Its high-strength walls give it the highest PE pressure rating, outstanding resistance to SCG and increased resistance to rapid crack propagation.
- The increased working stress rating of high-performance PE 4710 resin material makes it a superior choice over steel or ductile iron pipe, especially for the large diameter
Meets AWWA C901, ASTM D2239, ASTM D2737, ASTM D3035, ASTM F714, Cell Class Per ASTM D3350, PPI Listed Material (TR-4) PE 4710, and ANSI/NSF-14.
JM Eagle's high-density polyethylene water and sewer pipe is available in 3/4-inch to 63-inch diameters. The product’s physical properties make it applicable to open-trench, horizontal directional drilling, pipe-bursting and slip-lining installations. It can be manufactured with the color striping to identify application, such as a blue stripe for potable water, a green stripe for sewer applications and a purple stripe for reclaimed water. It is available in IPS (iron pipe size) and DIPS (ductile iron pipe size).
New Revisions for AWWA C901 are:
- The 1/2" pipe and tubing is no longer produced.
- The 3/4" to 3" IPS and CTS sizes (3/4" to 2") are only produced in DR9.
- The 3/4" to 3" SIDR sizes are produced only in DR7.
Please note: This standard applies only to pressure pipe and tubing made from PE4710 and shall be classified as CC3 per ASTM D3350, for use in potable water service installations.